Patrons of LDSM
The Patrons of Lake District Summer Music are a separate membership society (Charity No.516781) inaugurated alongside the summer music festival in 1985.
Encouraging the performance of classical music, integrated with education and professional development opportunities for young artists in the spectacular setting of the Lake District, is at the heart of both organisations.
The Patrons of LDSM provide both practical and financial support to LDSM’s annual summer festival as well as performance opportunities throughout the Winter and Spring for aspiring young artists during the Patrons’ own monthly concert series.
Benefits of becoming a Patron
- Priority booking for LDSM’s annual summer festival
- Personal invitation to an exclusive Patrons reception during the festival
- Shared experience, new contacts and friends in a stimulating, active society
- Lively Autumn AGM with lunch and an afternoon concert featuring our New Generation Artists
Get in touch
if you would like to find out more about becoming a Patron of LDSM, please contact Malcolm Heyes (Hon. Secretary) on 01539 728471/07714 957746 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Sirocco Wind Quintet
Ambleside Parish Church | 10 June 2021, 2.30pm
Formed in 2012 and based in Glasgow, with members from UK and Spain, all trained at Royal Conservatoire Scotland. After winning the Governors’ Recital Prize for Chamber music at the RCS, they were invited to perform at Edinburgh’s Usher Hall and have since gone on to play live on BBC Radio 3 and BBC Radio Scotland. Members work with BBC Scottish and Philharmonic Orchestras. Their programme, based on a ‘dance’ theme, includes Beethoven, Arnold, Poulenc, Debussy & Shostakovich.
Ambleside Parish Church | 17 June 2021, 2.30pm
Andrew Birse violin, Chloe Randall cello. Graduates of RNCM they have worked toegether in a variety of ensembles. Prize winning soloists in their own right, the duo is devoted to eploring the repertoire for violin and cello from the baroque to romantic, folk and contemporary. Recital performances have taken Chloe to France and Austria. Andrew has worked with the Scottish Ensemble and performed in both Edinburgh Festival and BBC Proms as lead violin of the National Scottish Youth Orchestra. Programme includes Kodaly Duo, Auerbach ‘Dances in the old Style’, Martinu Duo, Ravel Sonata.
Levare String Quartet
Ambleside Parish Church | 24 June 2021, 2.30pm
Formed at RNCM with each member coming from a different country, they bring cultural diversity into a unifed vision. They won the coveted Weill prize in RNCM’s Chamber Music Festival and have performed in differing venues such as Gorton Monastery and Manchester Cathedral.
Ticket Sales & Seating
Patrons of LDSM shall not be offering advance booking. However, if you would like to attend one of their concerts, they please ask that you:
• Arrive on the day with the correct payment, £12 per person, by cheque, (payable to Patrons of LDSM), or cash placed in an envelope bearing your names and full contact details for ‘Test & Trace’ recording.
• Tickets will not be issued. Please insert your payment envelope in the collection boxes as instructed.
• Stewards will direct you to your seat. Same household and ‘bubble’ members may be seated together but otherwise appropriate distancing will be maintained.
• Please wear suitable face covering while indoors.
• Patrons of LDSM regret that they are unable to offer their usual hospitality of tea and biscuits during the interval. There will be a short interval to accommodate personal needs but toilet facilities are extremely limited in the church and the Parish Centre will not be available. Public toilets are available close by at Rothay Park at the end of Vicarage Road and White Platts Recreation Ground.