Become a Supporter
Lake District Summer Music has been holding its International Summer Music Festival in Cumbria since 1985, bringing the highest quality performances to the English Lake District and contributing to the development of talented young musicians from the UK and the rest of the world through tuition and performance opportunity. But none of this could happen without the financial support of individuals like you.
We continue our Festival Début Concerts, as past of the International Festival, featuring Young Artists who, as well as performing, are offered coaching and masterclasses. In addition, the LDSM Patrons' Winter/Spring Concert Series has been developed in collaboration with Cumbria Music Hub to include schools' workshops streamed to primary and secondary schools across Cumbria.
Even with generous regular support from the Patrons of LDSM (a separately-constituted charity) and from some Charitable Trusts, LDSM still needs to raise over £100,000 each year in order to support the quality of programme delivered.
Ways in which you can help include
- Become a Sponsor of LDSM, or sponsor an individual concert.
- Support the costs of bringing the very best artists to our International Festival to coach and tutor our Festival Début young artists.
- Help support some of the major logistical costs of mounting an artistic programme like LDSM.
- Leave LDSM a legacy which could help sustain our support for young musicians in years to come.
- Join the Patrons of LDSM.
If you are a UK taxpayer your donation can be simply and effectively increased through Gift Aid at no further cost to you.
To make a donation, please contact LDSM by emailing email@example.com or by telephone on 00 44 1539 742620.
From all our musicians... “Thank you!”
Our current donors, sponsors and supporters include the following
- Anonymous donors
- Sir Christopher Audland
- Benefactors of LDSM
- Countess of Munster Musical Trust
- Mrs Kate Dugdale
- Flemish Minister for Culture
- Forsyths Music Shop
- Foyle Foundation
- David Francis
- Michael Freegard
- The Ida Carroll Trust
- Mr Michael Isherwood
- Mr Derrick Johnson – legacy
- John Whibley 'Holidays with Music'
- Renna Kellaway MBE
- Mrs Eira Leach
- Mr & Mrs Harold Lefton
- Lindeth Howe Country House Hotel
- Sir John Manduell CBE
- Julius Manduell
- The Musicians' Company
- Patrons of LDSM
- Rathbone Investment Management
- Mr & Mrs Martin Rayner
- RfM Accountants
- Romanian Cultural Institute
- Royal Over-Seas League
- The RuNfund
- RVW Trust in memoriam Sir John Manduell
- Kim Sargeant
- Sir John Fisher Foundation
- South Lakeland District Council
- Stephen Bell Charitable Trust
- The Tillett Trust
- Windermere Lake Cruises
Lake District Summer Music is proud to be associated with Lakes Culture.